[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 26 19:01:00 UTC 2016

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
-------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Good idea. Probably the simplest way to implement this is to auto-expand a
 section upon expanding a panel if the panel only has one section in it.
 Likewise, when collapsing such a section, the panel could also be
 collapsed so that the user wouldn't ever land on a panel that has only one
 section in it.

 Another possibility would be to eliminate the Widgets panel entirely in
 this case, and let the widget's sidebar be a root section. This may have
 some unintended consequences however and it would require some R&D.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37471#comment:1>