[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16031: Bulk actions: Reactivate bulk actions hook + add hander hook for all admin screens

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 27 22:48:55 UTC 2016

#16031: Bulk actions: Reactivate bulk actions hook + add hander hook for all admin
screens
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Veraxus                 |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by ericlewis):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 Worked through this with @Veraxus in cha today.

 Let's discuss implementation on one WordPress asset type (posts), and
 whatever we decide to do there should trickle down.

 I think we should add these actions inline, where the form handlers
 already exist. Refactoring `WP_List_Table` is a non-trivial and perhaps
 separate effort. That can happen even after these hooks go in.

 Please review a proposed approach in attachment:16031.diff, and what a
 plugin's implementation with this looks like in attachment:16031-plugin-
 example.php. Feedback welcome :)

 We add a form submission handler action for plugins to tap into, a filter
 for the sendback URL, and allow plugins to add bulk actions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16031#comment:73>