[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34560: High memory usage ( and possible server error) editing post with many/large revisions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 20 00:52:28 UTC 2016

#34560: High memory usage ( and possible server error) editing post with many/large
revisions
 Reporter:  pdfernhout               |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  patch dev-feedback needs-testing   |  performance

Comment (by DBrumbaugh10Up):

 OK, Adam:

 I made the constructor protected so we could not accidentally create an
 instance when we did not intend to.

 I added two static data members to the class. The instance we are using
 and a "last post id".  That way, as long as the helper is dealing with the
 same post id, all the initialization will only happen once.

 The static getInstance method will only reinitialize the object  if the
 post ID changes for any reason.

 I realize that in this case we are 99.999% likely to be dealing with one
 and only one post, however, the principal of loose coupling would suggest
 that we not count on it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34560#comment:50>