[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31751: Using PgDn and PgUp keyboard keys in the editor scrolls both post edit box and the whole viewport

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 18 16:37:45 UTC 2016

#31751: Using PgDn and PgUp keyboard keys in the editor scrolls both post edit box
and the whole viewport
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:

Comment (by mrwweb):

 Replying to [comment:7 adamsilverstein]:
 > I agree this is very annoying; however,  I'm not sure if this is a bug,
 or expected browser behavior.

 I agree with @archon810. WordPress breaks the expected browser behavior
 with the fancy scrolling editor, so it becomes WordPress's responsibility
 to implement any expected browser behaviors that are broken. I'd liken
 this to how single-page web apps need to not break the back button or
 `<div role="button">` needs a bunch of JS to re-implement the expected
 keyboard behaviors.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31751#comment:10>