[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35495: Allow `get_terms()` to return all terms, make `$taxonomy` parameter optional

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 17 17:26:48 UTC 2016

#35495: Allow `get_terms()` to return all terms, make `$taxonomy` parameter
optional
 Reporter:  flixos90     |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Taxonomy     |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Now that term IDs are unique, we can continue work on making term
 functions more flexible. One thing I would consider useful would be to
 make the `$taxonomy` parameter of `get_terms()` optional, furthermore
 allowing to not specify any taxonomy, resulting in all terms of any
 taxonomy being returned.

 I will upload an initial patch which provides this functionality. There
 might be areas in the function that require additional focus to apply this
 change, but in general it works with this approach.