[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35339: Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays > Front Page and Posts Page Select Length of Text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 9 20:59:23 UTC 2016

#35339: Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays > Front Page and Posts Page Select
Length of Text
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  robertwhitis    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by robertwhitis):

 Thanks @melchoyce - the class .regular-text which is currently used for
 text inputs would accomplish this, however, not sure we should tie the
 width of select items to this class since it's intention is for text
 inputs.

 From wp-admin/css/forms.css:
 {{{
 input.regular-text {
         width: 25em;
 }
 }}}

 Is your feeling that we would be better served by limiting all select
 inputs to 25em, or that we should create a class, .regular-select as an
 example, and then apply that class to the two dropdown fields on the
 Reading Settings page?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35339#comment:4>