[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35343: DesktopServer reports a PHP parsing error in wp-admin/install.php with WP v4.4.1

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 7 04:23:44 UTC 2016

#35343: DesktopServer reports a PHP parsing error in wp-admin/install.php with WP
v4.4.1
 Reporter:  yogaman5020   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In `wp-admin/install.php`, line 171, there's a right-hand curly brace
 inside a set of PHP tags that the PHP compiler can't parse [`<?php } ?>`].
 This line of code appears in both WP v. 4.4 and 4.4.1.  By comparison, the
 code is not present in v. 4.3.1. [I think it was added when strong
 passwords were enforced with v. 4.4.]  In my local dev environment,
 DesktopServer keeps throwing a parsing error when spinning up a site with
 v. 4.4 or 4.4.1.  Wanted to bring to your attention.  My solution at this
 point is to spin up and install a local site with WP v. 4.3.1., then
 upgrade to v. 4.4.1 once the site is up and running.