[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35328: In Customizer the Nav Menu Item saves to fail to return the expected response

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 6 15:19:12 UTC 2016

#35328: In Customizer the Nav Menu Item saves to fail to return the expected
response
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  sarahpressler  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus          |    Version:  4.4
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Steps to reproduce (or rather - exactly what I did that ended up with this
 hiccup)

 1. Menu was already created & I wanted to add some subpages
 2. open customizer from front end
 3. add subpages to the menu then drag/drop them in place
 4. save and publish
 5. add more subpages to the menu then drag/drop them in place
 6. save and publish
 7. add more subpages to the menu then drag/drop them in place
 8. save and publish
 9. view front end of site
 10. front end megamenu shows triple pages in the menu dropdown

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jykpzouaffkx0zq/Screenshot%202015-12-24%2013.02.32.png?dl=0
 (Ignore text in front of menu - that’s being addressed and not related to
 megamenu/customizer.)

 1. Go to Dashboard
 2. Navigate to Appearance > Menus
 3. Find this:
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/dffd79ybm1fypaq/Screenshot%202015-12-24%2013.08.13.png?dl=0
 4. Manually remove
 5. Save
 6. Find this:
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xcs2i1rewxlhji/Screenshot%202015-12-24%2013.11.43.png?dl=0

 This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this - but last time I just thought I
 had done something wrong. It’s easy to fix - just something I thought I’d
 share w/you.