[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35276: Allow `comment_author_IP` and `comment_agent` keys to be updated via `wp_update_comment()`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 5 17:24:44 UTC 2016

#35276: Allow `comment_author_IP` and `comment_agent` keys to be updated via
`wp_update_comment()`
--------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  rachelbaker               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by danielbachhuber):

 Something I've been thinking about recently with regards to whether or not
 fields should be editable: import / export. If someone were to build a
 import / export workflow based on the REST API, which seems totally
 reasonable to me, it seems like a reasonable assumption they should be
 able to update most (?) any fields for Resources (Posts, Comments, Terms,
 Users).

 I don't have a great suggestion for it at the moment, but maybe we need
 some paradigm or abstraction for a mode in which any field can be edited
 (including modified date, too).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35276#comment:8>