[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not local date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 3 15:12:15 UTC 2016

#35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not
local date
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hnle                          |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by redsweater):

 @nacin Just to clarify the severity of the regression: since [34681], in
 my tests, both "local" (dateCreated) and GMT (date_created_gmt) are
 broken. I still use the local value in MarsEdit, which is where my
 customers noticed that the time zone information, which could always
 optionally be supplied, was being ignored.

 My first attempt to work around the bug was to see if switching to
 date_created_gmt would give me a better experience, but of course because
 of the initial bug described here by @hnle, that path is also not working
 right.

 In short: since [34681], I believe it's impossible to specify a date with
 useful time zone information through the API.

 My feeling is you should revert [34681] and to apply @dossy's valuable
 efforts to creating a bona fide fix for both issues in 4.4.2 or a later
 release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35053#comment:24>