[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not local date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 2 06:33:25 UTC 2016

#35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not
local date
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hnle                          |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by dd32):

 > And, yes, America/New_York has DST, but because our tests have specific
 dates in the tests, we already know if they're during the DST time of
 year, or not, therefore there's no need to use UTC-5.

 Right, Got it. That's fine then.

 Given the extent of this patch compared to the original commit, the lack
 of any committer with a reasonable grasp of the issues at play, and the
 fact that the timezone handling issues are a long standing issues (See
 #30429 and #25399).
 Is there any good reason why this should be pushed into 4.4.1 in
 preference to a revert of behaviour to pre-4.4? The behaviour previous was
 well known as buggy, but consistent, this has simply changed it to be
 buggy in a different way.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35053#comment:19>