[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35279: Comments list table "Submitted On" date links only resolve for approved & unorphaned comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 1 17:42:28 UTC 2016

#35279: Comments list table "Submitted On" date links only resolve for approved &
unorphaned comments
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rachelbaker     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 In the "Submitted On" column in the Comments List Table we always wrap the
 comment date in an anchor tag with an href that goes to
 `get_comment_link()`.  We should only wrap comments that have been
 approved & have a valid `comment_post_ID` in this anchor tag.

 When moderators click the date link in the "Submitted On" column for:

 - pending, spammed, or trashed comments that '''are''' attached to a post
 they are sent to the comment template of the post where the unapproved
 comment was submitted, but do not see the relevant comment (because it is
 not approved).
 - any comment (approved or not) that is orphaned (not attached to a valid
 post), they are sent to the homepage (with a url
 like`example.com/#comment-9`) because comments don't have "real"

 I believe expected behavior would be to only wrap comment dates in anchor
 tags when we can generate a valid url.