[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for each thumbnails)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 28 22:15:35 UTC 2016

#28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for
each thumbnails)
 Reporter:  alexufo       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by alexufo):

 @markoheijnen if it is will not strip data by default this is useless
 feature. Who will know about it? Exif data  ignored by gzip in http. I
 have no idea how say 99% wordpress users remove useless exif in thumbnails
 if they not used them. I found this problem then I checked site by google
 speed page.I think wordpress distributive  must show 100/100 out of the
 box.

 And i suppose this is not just feature request, this is a silent bug who
 generate TB every day.
 If anyone using tags from thumbnail they can read new information in wp
 release.
 I think VERY small percent of users reads exif from thumbnails. Anyway it
 is bad and not popular idea. Otherwise we have TB traffic every day and in
 future it will be only bigger

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28634#comment:38>