[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35855: Let selective refresh component be required but be opt-in for sidebars/widgets (for now)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 26 00:29:11 UTC 2016

#35855: Let selective refresh component be required but be opt-in for
sidebars/widgets (for now)
----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  DrewAPicture    |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:13 DrewAPicture]:
 > Help me understand the downside(s) of simply turning it on for all
 widgets by default? I guess I don't see why we'd want to implement
 selective refresh for some things and not other things.

 > It's like introducing a new feature and turning it off by default –
 which usually begs the question of why we're adding it in the first place.

 See https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/02/16/selective-refresh-in-the-
 customizer/#selective-refresh-of-widgets

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35855#comment:14>