[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35542: Media control don't allow button labels to be customized from the args array.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 24 19:28:48 UTC 2016

#35542: Media control don't allow button labels to be customized from the args
array.
---------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  chetanchauhan  |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by westonruter):

 * owner:   => celloexpressions
 * status:  new => reviewing

Comment:

 This has also been brought up by @celloexpressions at
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33755?replyto=102#comment:102

 > The button_labels parameter is supposed to be customizable, but I messed
 that up when I wrote the original `WP_Customize_Media_Control` and the new
 image control patches and I guess we never caught it. I added those to the
 control registration, so that element of the custom control is preserved
 (may not fully be working yet though - could use another set of eyes).
 This change is backwards compatible for subclasses that previously set
 button labels by overriding the whole array in a custom class constructor
 - that still works.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35542#comment:4>