[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35932: Cannot create shortcode with default Czech, Slovak and maybe other keyboards

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 24 11:16:14 UTC 2016

#35932: Cannot create shortcode with default Czech, Slovak and maybe other
keyboards
 Reporter:  thomask                              |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor                               |  Review
 Severity:  normal                               |    Version:  trunk
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility, javascript,       |   Keywords:
  administration                                 |
 In Czech, Slovak, and probably some other languages, we have dedicated
 right alt click for writing some lesser used characters. E.g. for writing
 [ you need to press Right Alt plus F

 And that's the problem, as this combination is in wysiwyg editor shortcut
 for opening wysiwig in full screen window. So it is not possible for us to
 write any shortcode, unless we switch keyboard or write it elsewhere and
 copy to editor or remember the numeric value of the symbol and writing it
 on numlock.

 I am not sure, and i doubt, that this can be solved via language .pot file
 (so that every language could define the keys for every shortcut), and i
 have not found, where it is defined. I know that tinymce got addShortcut
 method, bot no delete or edit shortcut....

 it is wrong in both trunk and latest