[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35865: Site Icon should be uploaded to a different directory or not able to be deleted from library

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 19 00:27:01 UTC 2016

#35865: Site Icon should be uploaded to a different directory or not able to be
deleted from library
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  DoodleDogCody  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by celsocos):

 This will be usefull, since we have some plugins that word with library
 and expect media files (not icons) so it would be better to use a
 directory than make the item read-only in lib.

 Regards,

 Replying to [ticket:35865 DoodleDogCody]:
 > The new site icon feature is great.  However I think if an image is set
 as the site icon, that image should be able to be deleted from the media
 library, or it should be uploaded somewhere else and use that location as
 its link.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35865#comment:1>