[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21837: Site search for a domain by text fails in subdomain installs of multisite with www in primary domain

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 15 06:54:53 UTC 2016

#21837: Site search for a domain by text fails in subdomain installs of multisite
with www in primary domain
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  frisco              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 Just ran into this, but with a different configuration other than `www.`.

 * Primary site of network: `demo.example.com`
 * Secondary sites of network: `foo.example.com`, `bar.example.com`, etc...

 When attempting to search for sites, it looks for
 `search%.demo.example.com`.

 I believe @jeremyfelt's first assessment to avoid concatenating
 `$current_site->domain` is the bare minimum. I'll go 1 step further and
 say that my expectation as a network admin is to see results from both the
 `domain` and `path` regardless of installation type, and let me narrow the
 results with more precise search strings if necessary.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21837#comment:10>