[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39431: Sites with sticky posts show multiple posts on first page even if set to 1 per page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 31 21:19:03 UTC 2016

#39431: Sites with sticky posts show multiple posts on first page even if set to 1
per page
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ashercantrell  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  General        |    Version:  4.7
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 If you set your site to have 1 post per page (meaning you have to
 scroll/click to see the next entry) a sticky post will cause the site to
 display both on its first/front page.

 For example, on a test site, I have the standard Hello world! post and
 have set my site to 1 post per page.

 Upon adding a sticky post, however, the test site now shows two posts on
 the front page.

 [[Image(https://theashecan.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/shot-12312016-04-11.png?w=676)]]

 If you add a second sticky, it shows three per page.

 [[Image(https://theashecan.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/shot-12312016-04-13.png?w=676)]]

 This behavior seems odd. I'm not 100% positive this is a bug per se (it
 may be intentional/wontfix), so this report may also work as an
 enhancement request. If a user sets 1 post per page, it can be confusing
 and frustrating for it to show more than one.