[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39314: WP-API Backbone Client: buildModelGetter fails to reject deferred on fetch error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 17 06:50:57 UTC 2016

#39314: WP-API Backbone Client: buildModelGetter fails to reject deferred on fetch
error
--------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  REST API      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I found an issue where the promise returned by `getAuthorUser` never
 resolves in the case of a request error (such as a 404). I found that the
 client is only accounting for the success case in which the deferred is
 resolved, but it is not accounting for the error case in which the
 deferred is just left pending.