[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36188: After WordPress installation, the default category archive page is showing a 404 page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 16 14:43:50 UTC 2016

#36188: After WordPress installation, the default category archive page is showing
a 404 page
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  strategio              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by dlh):

 @seancjones I'm running trunk on Ubuntu 16.04.1.

 I agree with you that calling `WP_Taxonomy::add_rewrite_rules()` isn't
 DRY, but I wonder whether we'd face that objection with almost anything
 shoehorned into `wp_install()`.

 For example, is firing `init` any more DRY? Suppose a new permastruct was
 subject to this bug but normally added somewhere other than `init`. If I'm
 following correctly, wouldn't the other hook have to fire in
 `wp_install()`, too?

 But, continuing with our theme of different install experiences, in my
 testing I find that mu-plugins do run during `wp_install()`. Are you able
 to DM me on the core Slack? Maybe we can chat there to figure out what's
 happening.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36188#comment:17>