[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37884: WordPress disregards explicit theme settings and serves WP.org translations first

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 30 15:35:08 UTC 2016

#37884: WordPress disregards explicit theme settings and serves WP.org translations
first
 Reporter:  TomasM        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N          |    Version:  4.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 My theme (Tiny Framework) explicitly states to use included language files
 (in functions.php):

 `load_theme_textdomain( 'tiny-framework', get_template_directory() .
 '/languages' );`

 I would see it fit (perhaps) to use online language pack if it is 100%
 complete, but what actually happens - online packs are selected regardless
 of the existence of the local language file.

 Users started to complain as after theme update suddenly their sites
 became only partially translated:

 https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translation-de_de-in-
 tinyframework-220?replies=4

 Slack conversation: