[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37828: Images linked to Media File on click result in 405 POST requests in customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 25 17:02:57 UTC 2016

#37828: Images linked to Media File on click result in 405 POST requests in
customizer
 Reporter:  timph         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:  4.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript    |
 If I set an image to link to media file, when I click on it in the
 customizer it results in a 405 POST request, and subsequent requests all
 405 preventing live changes until I re-enter the customizer.

 POST: http://local.wordpress.dev/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/4
 -FotoliaComp_80908258_3MMPNGDGTFvm0G5emtoRa6gOYbGPgvDZ-360x253-1.jpg 405
 (Not Allowed)

 Steps to replicate ( I was using twenty sixteen, but issue is not theme
 specific ):
 1. Insert image on home page and set it to link to media file. save &
 publish.
 2. Open customizer, click on the image.  You will get the 405 in console
 then.
 3. Go to "Header Image" and add a new header image.  The header image will
 not update in the previewer, and you will have another 405 in console.