[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37755: Visual Editor: Weird unicode (vietnamese) characters display on Wordpress 4.6

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 25 16:41:06 UTC 2016

#37755: Visual Editor: Weird unicode (vietnamese) characters display on Wordpress
4.6
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  nmt90                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:13 swissspidy]:

 No, not a regression in 4.6 but the fix is so trivial and the impact is so
 large that it will be pity not fixing it now. Also think we should do
 #37808 which is somewhat similar, although that would mean backporting the
 fix and pushing an update to TinyMCE.

 > ...would any other languages profit from such a fix as well?

 Unfortunately we wouldn't know unless the users or developers that
 understand these languages speak up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37755#comment:14>