[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34923: Allow users to more seamlessly create page-based nav menus during customization

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 25 04:59:21 UTC 2016

#34923: Allow users to more seamlessly create page-based nav menus during
customization
 Reporter:  westonruter              |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  needs-testing has-screenshots      |  javascript
  needs-unit-tests                   |

Comment (by westonruter):

 In [attachment:34923.7.diff]:

 Changes: [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-
 develop/compare/5bb985e...67b2452 5bb985e...67b2452]

 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/abcbcf3
 abcbcf3] Don't move focus to input after submitting
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/d9358ce
 d9358ce] Remove customize-posts textdomain, phpdoc action tag, and remnant
 enqueue
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/5763732
 5763732] Fix jshint error by removing unused vars
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/6eb48f3
 6eb48f3] Remove unused newPostPublished and editPostURL
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/4285e89
 4285e89] Add CSS prefixes for flexbox
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/5cb4331
 5cb4331] Use type_label instead of label for consistency; fix tests
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/6addc84
 6addc84] Use type instead as type_label if type_label is not defined
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/613827f
 613827f] Forbid inserting auto-draft if user cannot publish
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/7d1c73c
 7d1c73c] Improve sanitization of nav_menus_created_posts setting
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/d005b4c
 d005b4c] Ensure '+ Add' dashicon is styled same as elsewhere
 * [https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/pull/152/commits/67b2452
 67b2452] Ensure invalid style is applied to input; re-focus on input when
 submitting invalid

 Still need to add unit tests, however at least the existing unit tests are
 fixed.

 @celloexpressions I'm still very much not feeling like the
 `customize_nav_menus_disallow_new_content_types` filter is necessary to
 add right now. Since we don't have taxonomies anyway, there is no need for
 the known use case of Post Formats. To me this filter seems not fully
 there yet and isn't needed right now. I'd rather we remove it and then
 bring it back when there is a clear need for it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34923#comment:71>