[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37755: Visual Editor: Weird unicode (vietnamese) characters display on Wordpress 4.6

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 24 03:36:47 UTC 2016

#37755: Visual Editor: Weird unicode (vietnamese) characters display on Wordpress
4.6
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  nmt90                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by nmt90):

 Replying to [comment:10 azaozz]:
 > Replying to [comment:9 jeremyfelt]:
 > > @melchoyce's comment during the 4.6.1 bug scrub today led me to
 revisit https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/07/07/native-fonts-in-4-6/,
 which mentions that the decision to stick with serif is intentional

 > OK, lets change the font stack just for Vietnamese. We do that already
 for all RTL languages and separately for he_IL.

 > In 37755.1.patch: change the default editor fonts for  the `vi` locale
 to `Arial, "Times New Roman", "Bitstream Charter", Times, serif;`, same as
 for `he_IL`.

 > @nmt90 as far as I see this stack is good for Vietnamese. If not, could
 you suggest a better one.

 > Still thinking this can be patched in 4.6.1 :)

 @azaozz : The stack 'Arial, "Times New Roman", "Bitstream Charter", Times,
 serif;' is good for Vietnamese characters. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37755#comment:11>