[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37655: [Template Hierarchy] category-slug.php cannot be properly loaded when slug is not English

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 15 01:46:44 UTC 2016

#37655: [Template Hierarchy] category-slug.php cannot be properly loaded when slug
is not English
----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  withgjr                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by withgjr):

 Chinese is my mother tongue, and I also can speak some Korean, so I choose
 this two languages as sample data.

 I choose the word 'test' for this two language.

 1. 測試
 2. 테스트

 You can use the words above as slug and title to reproduce the bug.

 Replying to [comment:3 swissspidy]:
 > @withgjr Thank you very much for your contribution!
 >
 > `get_category_template()` isn't the only function that would need need
 to be adjusted though. Also,
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/testing/ automated tests] are
 required to verify the existence of the bug and how the patch fixes it.

 > If you have experience in writing tests, any help is greatly
 appreciated. If not, some sample data to reproduce this (i.e. title & slug
 of the category you created) would be very helpful as well. That way,
 someone else can chime in and contribute tests.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37655#comment:4>