[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35852: Starting Firefox, post edit tab restored: Revision is set to point where I started working in this tab the last time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 30 17:13:23 UTC 2016

#35852: Starting Firefox, post edit tab restored: Revision is set to point where I
started working in this tab the last time
---------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  let me see...  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 Can reproduce with the above steps.

 Don't think this has anything to do with autosave. After a post is
 published autosave creates a special revision. We never load that
 revision, only show it on the revisions screen.

 What is happening here is that when clicking on the Back button the
 browser loads the previous screen from (memory) cache. That cache was set
 when the screen was first loaded, i.e. with the post content before the
 user edited it.

 In HTML 5 there is a way to detect when a page was loaded by pressing the
 Back or Forward button. Working on a patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35852#comment:3>