[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option detects error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 26 16:38:17 UTC 2016

#35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option
detects error
 Reporter:  thomaswm                             |       Owner:  jeremyfelt
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by flixos90):

 @codex-m The patch looks great I think. One thing that could be simplified
 in my opinion are lines 3654-3668 (initial check for `$context_id` in
 network mode). It's probably not needed to add a new variable
 `$network_id` there, we should be able to use the original `$context_id`
 throughout the entire function. Maybe something like this:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 if ( 'network' === $context ) {
     if ( ! is_multisite() ) {
         $context = 'site'; // or we could throw a _doing_it_wrong() here
     } elseif ( ! $context_id ) {
         global $current_site;

         $context_id = $current_site->id;
     }