[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34358: plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) returns plugins directory when plugin symlinked to mu-plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 20 17:26:57 UTC 2016

#34358: plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) returns plugins directory when plugin symlinked
to mu-plugins
 Reporter:  scamartist26                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 This use-case is spooky, and neat, so naturally I'm intrigued.

 * My initial reaction: why not?
 * Then: maintaining some `mu-plugins` externally while allowing others to
 be local, sounds messy
 * My final reaction: why not?

 There's no foreseeable reason to purposely disallow this functionality,
 should someone be savvy and informed enough to try it and have an
 installation type that benefits from it.

 I'm a +1 on this patch, FWIW.

 ----

 Re: unit tests, what are we thinking? Compare globals to function calls to
 confirm the paths match?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34358#comment:12>