[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36392: wp_add_inline_script() breaks script dependency order when using script loader (no SCRIPT_DEBUG)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 1 04:48:13 UTC 2016

#36392: wp_add_inline_script() breaks script dependency order when using script
loader (no SCRIPT_DEBUG)
---------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Description changed by westonruter:

Old description:

> I've found that if an inline script is added via `wp_add_inline_script()`
> for a JS file registered in a plugin, if this script has a dependency on
> a core script that gets concatenated via `load-scripts.php`, the script
> dependency and the inline script will erroneously get printed ''before''
> the the script tag referencing `load-scripts.php` and the script it
> depends on.
>
> Here is a minimal test case:
> https://gist.github.com/westonruter/c8968edc125fd31ae2da4171ced8c62b

New description:

 I've found that if an inline script is added via `wp_add_inline_script()`
 for a JS file registered in a plugin, if this script has a dependency on a
 core script that gets concatenated via `load-scripts.php`, the script
 dependency and the inline script will erroneously get printed ''before''
 the the script tag referencing `load-scripts.php` and the script it
 depends on. This error only occurs when `SCRIPT_DEBUG` is `false`, since
 this is when `load-scripts.php` is used.

 Here is a minimal test case:
 https://gist.github.com/westonruter/c8968edc125fd31ae2da4171ced8c62b

 `wp_add_inline_script()` introduced in #14853.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36392#comment:1>