[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33949: gzinflate(): data error when passing youtube or vimeo url through wp_oembed_get() function in Debug Bar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 21 19:49:26 UTC 2015

#33949: gzinflate(): data error when passing youtube or vimeo url through
wp_oembed_get() function in Debug Bar
 Reporter:  mmaumio       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Embeds        |    Version:  4.3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 While passing any Youtube or Vimeo URL through the wp_oembed_get()
 function it returns a gzinflate(): data error in Debug Bar of Debug Bar
 Plugin.

 That's the error I got in Debug Bar:
 "WARNING: wp-includes/class-http.php:2136 - gzinflate(): data error
 require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-
 loader.php'), include('/themes/twentysixteen/custom-template.php'),
 wp_oembed_get, WP_oEmbed->get_html, WP_oEmbed->fetch,
 WP_oEmbed->_fetch_with_format, wp_safe_remote_get, WP_Http->get,
 WP_Http->request, WP_Http->_dispatch_request, WP_Http_Curl->request,
 WP_Http_Encoding::decompress, gzinflate"

 I'm on Localhost (MAMP) in OS X Yosemite.
 Php 5.6.2, Mysql 5.5.38.
 Google Chrome latest.
 Tested in several other themes including Twenty Sixteen.
 http://d.pr/i/1etH7

 Deactivated all plugins as well.

 How to replicate:
 Created a new template file.
 Called the header and footer.
 Then simply declared the function with a random Youtube Video URL as
 parameter.

 Apology if it doesn't seem to be a bug rather than my ignorance.

 Thank You