[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33898: Reduce Customizer peak memory usage by JSON-encoding settings and controls separately

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 17 00:10:56 UTC 2015

#33898: Reduce Customizer peak memory usage by JSON-encoding settings and controls
separately
----------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter                 |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by valendesigns):

 I've tested 33898.3.diff and it does provide some compelling server
 performance gains. Here are my numbers.

 Before patch and widgets were added.
 {{{
 memory_get_peak_usage(): 45,144,424
 memory_get_usage(): 43,918,288
 page render time: 1442447924.82
 }}}

 After 100 heavy widgets were added.
 {{{
 memory_get_peak_usage(): 89,830,720
 memory_get_usage(): 57,363,952
 page render time: 1442447321.09
 }}}

 After the patch was applied. However, I did not save any data to the
 widgets so the gains were not as dramatic but still very good!
 {{{
 memory_get_peak_usage(): 57,615,968
 memory_get_usage(): 56,713,744
 page render time: 1442447292.99