[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33793: Adding a user with a username 52 characters or longer fails, but displays success message.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 15 21:07:33 UTC 2015

#33793: Adding a user with a username 52 characters or longer fails, but displays
success message.
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  tommarshall                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 > currently, length of user_login and user_nicename fields are different
 and we set user_login as user_nicename if user_nicename is empty.
 > So we need to change length of user_nicename field into schema file.

 As noted above, there may be repercussions to changing the length of the
 field. I'd rather not do it. It's true that `user_nicename` is usually
 created from the `user_login` field, but let's enforce the truncation in
 code, rather than extending the field length.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33793#comment:10>