[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33763: Post types with show_ui set to false should not be accessible via the admin area

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 15 10:14:41 UTC 2015

#33763: Post types with show_ui set to false should not be accessible via the admin
area
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion        |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * owner:   => johnbillion
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 I'm going to go ahead and commit this so we have plenty of time to hear
 from the authors of any plugins which rely on this unexpected and
 unintended behaviour.

 If your plugin or site does rely on this behaviour, the arguments that are
 passed to `register_post_type()` should be altered so that `show_ui` is
 `true`, and arguments such as `show_in_menu`, `show_in_nav_menus`, and
 `show_in_admin_bar` are `false`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33763#comment:7>