[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33828: When visiting Wordpress sites with CPTs via Firefox the sites return rndmly: User-agent: * Disallow: /wp-admin/

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 11 12:30:55 UTC 2015

#33828: When visiting Wordpress sites with CPTs via Firefox the sites return
rndmly: User-agent: * Disallow: /wp-admin/
 Reporter:  Jyria         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hello!

 I am experiencing a weird issue when using Firefox (Mac as well as Windows
 machines) and visiting a WordPress site that is built using custom post
 types.

 The issue occurs randomly yet consistently and is usually solved when
 clearing firefox's browser cache - at least until for a few reloads:

 1. Fire up firefox
 2. Visit for example https://saskialund.de
 3. Navigate to "Referenzen"
 4. Hope to see the Referenzen page... if not it will show
 Disallow: /wp-admin/
 instead
 5. keep browsing the page. The above text will show eventually, once
 firefox starts to build the cache.

 Questions:
 1. Why is the robots.txt being displayed instead of the oage content?
 2. Did I do something wrong when setting up the installation?

 On all pages that have this issue the following plugins are installed:
 Jetpack
 Yoast Seo

 I am experiencing this issue with all of my wordpress sites that have
 custom post types registered and in use.
 Even in a page that is using a twentyfifteen child (see here:
 https://luciaschwalenberg.de ).

 I am aware of this issue since WP 4.1 however I am not sure if it was
 there before 4.1 or not.

 What could be the issue? Is this a bug?

 Thanks for looking into this!