[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33637: Plugin updater ajax loader gif never get updated to show the success message.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 1 00:55:23 UTC 2015

#33637: Plugin updater ajax loader gif never get updated to show the success
message.
--------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  svovaf        |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * owner:   => adamsilverstein
 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Hello @svovaf, thanks for your bug report. Your diagnosis of the issue is
 very helpful.

 Submitting your first patch can be daunting (but worth it!), there is a
 bit to get set up on your end. This is a good place to start reading:
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/tutorials/working-with-patches/

 I understand the issue you are seeing and have some questions. It does
 seem like an edge case to have several plugins with the same slug
 installed, still it should be doable to get this working.

 Do you only have one version of the plugin active, and you are updating
 this version? Couldn't you be updating an inactive version of the plugin?
 Then your code wouldn't work if I understand what you are proposing (thats
 the .active selector, right)? I think an ideal solution would have the
 callback update the plugin you clicked update on, without regard to the
 slug (which is essentially the underlying issue you are raising here).

 I can try to work up a patch for your issue or help you work one up if you
 want to give it a shot!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33637#comment:1>