[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34435: get_gmt_from_date() returns incorrect value when 'timezone_tz' is 'Europe/London'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 25 17:28:52 UTC 2015

#34435: get_gmt_from_date() returns incorrect value when 'timezone_tz' is
'Europe/London'
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by Viper007Bond):

 This bug should be avoidable if we stop determining GMT (UTC) date/time
 based on local date/time when creating a post '''without''' a provided
 date/time. Since those values will default to now, we don't need to
 convert timezones because we know what now is in UTC. We can determine now
 in UTC and local time independently of each other.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34435#comment:3>