[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34109: Incorrect URL scheme for media in the admin area when using administration over HTTPS

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 24 03:18:32 UTC 2015

#34109: Incorrect URL scheme for media in the admin area when using administration
over HTTPS
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  new
                                                |     Focuses:
                                                |  administration
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by andrew.n):

 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 Hi. The "over HTTPS" does not seem to be the only case that the media
 library urls are wrong. I'm new to WP and installed 4.3.1 on Debian Jessie
 about a week ago. It is set up for using SFTP but while I am using the WP
 Dashboard my browser address is http://...  not https://...

 I uploaded one gif to my Media Library. On the Attachment Details page it
 says the URL is of the form

 http://example.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/WeeMee.jpg

 where example.org is the virtual host for my WP site.

 The image is not displayed on the Attachment Details page. Using a right-
 mouse-click over the default icon (where the image should be) I can
 "Inspect Element" using Firefox, and confirm that the above URL is the one
 being looked for (which is obviously wrong, since no one can look there).

 If I click the Edit Image button under the default icon (missing image)
 then the image *is* displayed properly. Inspecting element gives show an
 html tag containing the following:

 img id="image-preview-66" onload="imageEdit.imgLoaded('66')" src="/wp-
 admin/admin-ajax.php?action=imgedit-
 preview&_ajax_nonce=32252eddf2&postid=66&rand=45606"

 In media library grid mode, the image is not displayed (img
 src-"http://example.org/....
 as above).

 This issue has been discussed in the support forum and seems to have been
 introduced with WP 4.2.2,

   https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-not-showing-image-
 thumbnails?replies=12

 Hope this helps.