[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34413: calling register_taxonomy() multiple times will overwrite existing object types

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 23 13:29:21 UTC 2015

#34413: calling register_taxonomy() multiple times will overwrite existing object
types
--------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:  drewapicture
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by BjornW):

 Replying to [comment:3 danielbachhuber]:
 > No worries. I do like how you've broken out the note as a separate line,
 which makes it more notable.

 Thanks.

 Although I think we also need to find a better solution for the future in
 dealing with this. It has been causing multiple headaches with plugins
 overwritting taxonomy registrations silently. At the very least it should
 trigger somekind of warning.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34413#comment:5>