[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33085: Customizer: controls description inside labels are not real labels nor descriptions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 23 08:00:42 UTC 2015

#33085: Customizer: controls description inside labels are not real labels nor
descriptions
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  valendesigns
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by valendesigns):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch needs-testing

Comment:

 @afercia Could you please test out [attachment:33085.diff] and see if the
 approach works for screen readers. I would still need to update custom
 controls, this patch only updates the controls in
 `WP_Customize_Control::render_content`. However, I want to verify this is
 the correct direction before tackling the custom controls. Which are not
 as easy and straight forward as these default ones were to change, mainly
 because most of them are JS templates.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33085#comment:6>