[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34358: plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) returns plugins directory when plugin symlinked to mu-plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 20 13:05:32 UTC 2015

#34358: plugin_dir_url( __FILE__ ) returns plugins directory when plugin symlinked
to mu-plugins
 Reporter:  scamartist26                         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by jdgrimes):

 * keywords:   => has-patch needs-unit-tests needs-refresh
 * component:  Filesystem API => Plugins

Comment:

 Looking at this last night, I also came to the conclusion that we'd need
 to do something like
 unit tests though.

 The patch will also need a few tweaks before (if) it gets committed:

 - There is an extra newline on line 685.
 - There is an extra space before the summary on line 728
 - The long line in the docblock description should probably be wrapped,
 and maybe use `{@see ...}` notation for the reference to
 `wp_register_plugin_realpath()`.
 - The `@param` and `@return` descriptions should end with a period.
 - There is an extra newline on line 752.

 Also, as far as usecase goes, I think it might be helpful if you also
 explain why this needs to be a mu-plugin instead of a regular plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34358#comment:7>