[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34290: Not possible to have a percent symbol contained in the default value of a theme_mod

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 14 18:03:37 UTC 2015

#34290: Not possible to have a percent symbol contained in the default value of a
theme_mod
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  kuus          |       Owner:
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Interesting issue. I'm not sure if this is something that should be
 accounted for in the Customizer or if it is just an idiosyncrasy for how
 theme mods work. Since it is `get_theme_mod()` that is doing the
 `sprintf()`, then I'm inclined to the former latter. The only alternative
 I can think of is for the Customizer to explicitly `str_replace( '%',
 '%%', $setting->default)` when it is accessing a theme mod's default
 value, but that could have other unintended consequences.

 Would be worth a patch to explore what can be done.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34290#comment:4>