[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34065: Upgrading from single site to multisite fails when the Network Admin Email doesn't match an existing user.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 11 23:46:44 UTC 2015

#34065: Upgrading from single site to multisite fails when the Network Admin Email
doesn't match an existing user.
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jjeaton             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 4.4

Comment:

 Hey @jjeaton, nice catch.

 Even if the email address is invalid, we still add the user performing the
 network setup as a super admin. So the only thing that really gets broken
 here is the site meta. At least there's that. :)

 I like [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/34065/34065.diff
 34065.diff] in that it cuts straight to the chase and prevents the
 installation. It would probably be nice for that screen to only allow the
 selection of an existing user one day—or really just not show that info
 and use the current user. We do pre-fill the email address, which is good.

 I'd be okay adding the catch for 4.4, but if anybody has other ideas,
 let's discuss.

 Also amusing to note that we check `is_email()` after we've already
 attempted to get a user with it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34065#comment:2>