[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32103: Multidimensional Customizer settings (options & theme mods) are not scalable

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 8 22:45:36 UTC 2015

#32103: Multidimensional Customizer settings (options & theme mods) are not
scalable
-------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  Air.                     |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by wpweaver):

 Seem totally functional, and BRILLIANT!!!!

 The preview update is as about as fast as I could hope for. Went from 20+
 seconds to maybe 2 or 3.

 Using my own sub-class doesn't seem to make much difference in update with
 the updated class. Of course, it is still essential to use my own class
 for older versions (4.3) of the class, but I suppose I'll eventually just
 of code to switch from one the the other.

 This will help LOTS of people, and save LOTS of time.

 I just tested with some other themes with a fair amount of options (e.g.
 Customizr), and all seemed faster. Customizr went from 7 seconds for the
 refresh to essentially instant (1 or 2 seconds.)

 Thank you!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32103#comment:39>