[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31495: Always use 'login' as $scheme parameter for "login-ish" URLs, and other inconsistencies

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 3 00:12:44 UTC 2015

#31495: Always use 'login' as $scheme parameter for "login-ish" URLs, and other
inconsistencies
------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  GregLone                |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Replying to [comment:11 johnbillion]:
 > @jeremyfelt [attachment:31495.3.patch] introduces two situations where
 `home_url()` is nestled between `switch_to_blog()` and
 `restore_current_blog()`. Can you envisage something breaking in this
 case?

 I think the only breakage would be if someone was blindly filtering
 `home_url` without being aware of the context in multisite. It doesn't
 seem like much to worry about here as this is all happening at the network
 level on new sites.

 We may want to run things through `esc_url()` though, as they are
 filtered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31495#comment:12>