[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34773: Option to NOT convert text emoticons to images is no longer available in the Writing Settings if your database version is greater (or equal to) 32453

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 23 22:28:30 UTC 2015

#34773: Option to NOT convert text emoticons to images is no longer available in
the Writing Settings if your database version is greater (or equal to)
32453
 Reporter:  Geek Goddess  |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 You still have the ability to change it via the hiddens options.php screen
 like you've noted, or via a plugin.

 I don't think we need to / should re-enable  any UI for this though, it's
 an integral part of WordPress publishing and disabling it is going to be
 done by a small minority - Decisions, Not Options being a WordPress motto.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34773#comment:1>