[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34148: PHP notice in class WP_List_Table using register_column_headers (_WP_List_Table_Compat)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 18 22:31:31 UTC 2015

#34148: PHP notice in class WP_List_Table using register_column_headers
(_WP_List_Table_Compat)
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Hax             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by danielbachhuber):

 34148.2.diff produces as local as possible of a fix for the error notice.
 But, I don’t fully grok the impact of not having a primary column
 identified when there are no columns. In my limited testing locally, it
 seemed to have no impact on the display of the table headers.

 Ultimately, the nature of the problem is that core is trying to get a
 default “primary column” when none are registered.
 `register_column_headers()` just registers the headers, not any columns,
 so there’s no columns for core to choose from.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34148#comment:14>