[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24612: Permalink conflict: image attachment page and post when permalink setting is /%postname%/

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 11 11:13:02 UTC 2015

is /%postname%/
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  augustas                            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |  SergeyBiryukov
                                                |     Focuses:
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by moisb):

 * severity:  normal => critical

Comment:

 Hi. Today I experienced this problem here. A user upload an image by
 bbPress named "tag.png" and my tags base is "tag". Result: All pages /tag/
 stopped working returning 404 error. And even excluding the image of media
 library the slug /tag/ not returned to work and I was forced to modify the
 tags base.

 How do I fix it? The workaround of @SergeyBiryukov works? I put this it on
 my theme functions.php?

--