[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33167: Reset password screen lacks the Hide button and Confirm use of weak password checkbox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 10 20:04:02 UTC 2015

#33167: Reset password screen lacks the Hide button and Confirm use of weak
password checkbox
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion                |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by Nikschavan):

 Thank you for the suggestions @adamsilverstein, I will update the patch
 soon.

 I do have some questions, though -

 > For the user edit screen, we settled on a password length of 24, I think
 we should use the same length here. Make the interface a bit more
 responsive or adjust CSS to allow for a longer string.

 I quite did not get this part, I think for this to make it that will
 require increasing the width of the input field and overall width of the
 login form? am I missing something?

 > I like the creative use of `$(passStrength).is`, however, we generally
 try to avoid touching code outside the scope of the ticket and this seems
 unrelated.

 This was added because on the login screen the `#pass-strength-result` has
 extra class `.hide-if-no-js` than on the user edit screen, because of this
 `if ( 'short' === passStrength.className || 'bad' ===
 passStrength.className )` condition is failing, so the new addition there.

 On the UI part, How about adding the border from the input field around
 the input field and also the button?

 [[Image(http://screenshots.sharkz.in/nik/2015/11/2015-11-11_00-59-06.png)]]

 This will complicate stuff a bit though as same JS and CSS is reused for
 user edit page, I can still work on the patch.

 Let me know your thoughts.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33167#comment:14>